Tuesday, August 26, 2008

1st day of Kindergarten

Today was a big day for Riley!! He has been looking forward to Kindergarten for so long, and it finally came!! His b-day is the end of September, so he missed the deadline to start last year. This gave him 3 yrs. of preschool. Needless to say, he was READY for Kindergarten. He is a little smarty pants! He chose pancakes for breakfast, and was so excited getting ready. I thought I was going to be emotional, and I was a little, but Riley was so dang cute that I couldn't really cry. He had a good day, and is excited to go back tomorrow. SUCCESS!!

School boyCar ride to school. Abby was a little sad that she wasn't getting all the attention today. Her day will come next week though, when she starts preschool.
Riley was getting a little nervous walking in to school, so he needed Daddy's hand.
Riley and his buddy Luke are in the same class together. They are so cute!
Ready or not, here we go.......

10 comments:

Kriss said...

Kindergarten ROCKS!!!!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Yay for kindergarten!

Lloyd's Tribune said...

awww...what a handsome kindergartner. I hope Luke's experience will become as successful as Riley's! I'm so...glad they are in class together.
We'll see how day 2 goes.
{p.s. I'm so sorry I have been misspelling his name}

Laura Stringham said...

That is nuts! Your life is going to revolve around your kids' school now, you know that right? I'm SO not ready for that.

Kim and Chet said...

Awww...those kindergarten days! Your kids are SO cute, Jana! You really do have a beautiful family!!! I also added you to my blog buddies list :) This will be so fun to see what's going on with your family and keep in touch!

mary jo said...

I can't believe how time flies. I'm sure Riley will love Kindergarten. I can't wait until I have my kids in kindergarten, half a day to myself, yeah.

The Sohm's said...

Way to go Riley!! that is so exciting. Sounds like he had a fun day.

Jadi said...

I am glad his first day was a success! That worked out great that he ended up with a good friend in his class. Don't they grow up so fast?!

Jamie said...

What a great day! First day of school is the best:)
Ok Jana, I added you to my bloggin friends list. Our blog is:thefitchs.blogspot.com

Shumway Adventures said...

Wow I can't below how old he is!! WOW what a cutie!! Wow this is so exciting!! Let me know if they do any cute things that I can use in my class!