Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hard work...

Tyler is the Young Men's president in our ward, and often hosts "Movie Nights" in our backyard for all of the youth. We project the movies up onto a big screen on the side of our house. Anyway, it has become tradition to move all of our love sacs outside to sit on. Now, this is usually a job that I recruit our Priests to do, since they are so heavy, let alone carrying them up the stairs, and clear out to the back yard. Last Friday we were doing a movie night, and Riley's friends were over. Well, these little guys decided that they wanted to be the "Young Men", and move the love sacs by themselves. They gave it a good effort (getting it on to the landing at the bottom of the stairs. ) Now they just had to somehow get it up all the way. Long, and painful, and absolutely hysterical story short, we got the first one up. As soon as we got to the top, they all collapsed... and just laid there. I don't think they realize how much work it really would be. They were so cute as they were putting forth everything they had into it. They had fun jumping on it outside after we finally got it out. Luke's reaction summed it all up... "Miss Jana, can we please leave the other Love Sacs downstairs? "workers: William & Max Summerhays, Luke Lloyd, Abby & Riley Sohm

5 comments:

Lloyd's Tribune said...

Omgoodness! That is hilarious! I love it! They must be pretty strong to be able to get those sacs all the way upstairs. I'm impressed. Send 'em all to my house in about a month when we get ready to pack up.
~we're gonna miss y'all

Laura Stringham said...

Those love sacs are heavy! I HATE moving them. I can't believe that those boys got them upstairs, they're tough!

The Sohm's said...

That story is hillarious I could not stop smiling. I love how little kids feel like they have the power to do anything and nothing is going to stop them.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a ton of fun...a lot of work..yes...but still fun :) And, I don't have my photog blog up yet...I'm working on it and I will let you know once I am done :)

Turia said...

So funny!!!
I'm proud of those little guys. Those things are heavy and awkward to move.
Way to Go!