Thursday, September 25, 2008

Happy Birthday!!

I want to know how in the world my baby boy got so big? Riley turned six years old today. I am amazed that I can vividly remember all of the details of that awesome day when Riley came to our family. It was so much fun having a brand new baby. Now, he is a big Kindergartener. Where has the time gone? He was so excited to wake up this morning to balloons and streamers everywhere, and a HUGE pile of presents. Tyler said it looked like Christmas. Tyler had to go to Las Vegas this morning for business (miss you Ty!!), so we got the kids up early for presents, and a fun-filled day. Riley was so excited to get his very own real Utes football helmet!
Off he goes on his new scooter
I went to his Kindergarten class today to take a birthday treat. Here are the three buddies: Riley, Luke and William. Today was Orange day at school (if you can't tell)
and the birthday lunch? McDonald's off course. Grandma Price (my mom), and my own Grandma and Uncle came to celebrate with us.
Riley played at Luke's for awhile this afternoon, then he wanted to go visit his cousins out at my Mom's house in South Jordan. We grabbed some dinner, then off to Soccer practice. He wanted to take cupcakes to his team, but I just didn't want to make them. Is that mean? I quickly changed the subject so he wouldn't think about it. I figure he is having his real Birthday party tomorrow, so there will be enough sweets there.
All in all, it was a great day, and I am happy that my little bud had a fun day.

4 comments:

Kim and Chet said...

Happy Birthday to your little guy! The years go by so fast it's so sad. Enjoy each moment with them.

Oh, and your arms in that pic...VERY BUFF!!! :) You look great!

Laura Stringham said...

I'm getting so old! I can't believe he was just a baby when we met you. I'm glad to see that he had such a great day!

Shumway Adventures said...

Wow he is a really busy guy even at six years old! I tried calling you guys on his birthday but never got a hold of you! So Happy late Birthday Riley and Happy Late Birthday Jana too!!

Lloyd's Tribune said...

LOVE IT! I'm glad y'all had such a wonderful time! So fun to get old! LOL At least you can remember your age. I forgot mine when asked recently. LOL