Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

Does anyone ever feel like you are just running during the holidays? We always are, but we had so much fun this year, and loved being with all of our family and friends. Our whole weekend has been a whirlwind of activites:

On Thursday night, we invited a few friends over for fireworks- which ended up being a lot more people than we planned on, but it was still so fun! Tyler said we just might have to make July 3rd a tradition. We will keep you posted.

Friday morning we woke up early and went to our neighbor's house for their 4th of July breakfast. It was really cool because they always invite more non-members than members, so we always meet people that we normally don't see around. It made me feel a little guilty realizing that there are so many neighbors close by that I don't know. I guess I need to get in the missionary mode again. After breakfast, we went out to my parent's for the day. They have a pool, and all of the cousins were there. My kids absolutely adore their cousins, and had so much fun. Tyler's grandma's birthday is on the 4th, so we went to her birthday-bbq. It is always good to see family. Then off to the fireworks. We went over to Sandy, and sat on the hill at Jordan High. Tyler's parents came and sat with us, so that was fun. I especially loved the fireworks this year, because where we were sitting, you could see the Jordan River Temple, and it looked like the fireworks were going out straight from the spire. It was pretty cool. Our kids were exhausted, but thanks to the 50-count tube of glow sticks that I brought, they were entertained!

Saturday morning we got up early and went boating, then to my grandma's house in Orem for a pool party. Gosh, I am getting tired just writing this. Thank heavens it is over, and now we get to rest!

2 comments:

Turia said...

I'm glad you had such a great weekend. Wish we could have been boating with you guys!

Shumway Adventures said...

sounds fun! Wow you have alot of access to swimming pools. I didn't know you had a grandma here in orem..you should have come said hi! We wont be here much longer