Friday, July 18, 2008

Count your blessings

This was Jacob just yesterday afternoon. He was happy, and having fun splashing in his little wagon without a care in the world. Then last night, around 11:00 p.m. Tyler had to rush him to Primary Children's because he had a very high fever, and was breathing so fast that he was almost hyperventilating. He has had a bit of a cold, but it had escalated, and his oxygen count was down too low (which would explain the breathing issue). He had to be sucked out, and have oxygen tubes in his nose. They were at the hospital for a few hours, but luckily got to come home last night (or this morning I guess.) All in all, he is ok, just a little tuckered out. He has to have an inhaler, and antibiotics. I am happy that is all he needs. I am so happy that Tyler was the one to take him. He is stronger than me when it comes to watching our children suffer. Thanks Ty- You're the best!

7 comments:

Sheri said...

It is so sad and scary when our babies get sick! Glad he is doing better.

RaQuelle Willey said...

So glad he is ok though! What a scary think, thank goodness for doctors, medicine, and a great husband, huh!

Jadi said...

I am so happy to hear that everything turned out OK. I always panic when anything like that happens with my kids. Geoff is usually the calm one. I loved reading Abby's mommy tag. That was so cute.

Kriss said...

I'm glad he is okay. It is true that the parent would rather be sick than see their baby suffer. Good job Tyler!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I am so glad he is alright. Hang in there Jakey!

Anonymous said...

Oh...that is sad...I hate it when ANYTHING is wrong with my kids too...AND Fred is way stronger than me too when it comes to seeing them sick. Okay, that is the cutest thing down below with Abby's responses. I saw that you tagged Teesa so I need to print them out and ask them to her :)

Anonymous said...

Oh...how did you do your cute paper with your kids names on it? And...how did you do that cute blog header...the picture is awesome!