Sunday, September 25, 2011

Happy birthday Riley!

Riley turned 9 years old today. Seriously? That just blows my mind. I can still remember details about his birth, which I won't bore you with right now. He has been planning his birthday for months now, and had such a great time. He wanted an "Angry Birds" party. And that he got...
My super-talented sis-in-law made this cake for Riley. He thought it was the coolest thing ever! He kept rearranging the characters, making different scenarios w/ the birds and pigs.


Tyler found these balls, and being the ambitious dad that he is, decided to paint faces on them. They turned out so cute! Again, Riley was dying!
The party guests played a mean game of dodge ball on the tramp w/ all the balls.

After dodge ball, we had the kids build angry bird structures w/ pieces of wood that Tyler cut up in our garage.

He painted bird faces on little rubber balls, and made pigs out of apples from our apple tree. Quite resourceful I might add.
They put the pigs in their buildings, then used sling shots and the balls to knock them over. It was harder that we thought, so they ended up just chucking the balls to try to get their towers down. It was hilarious! Just a side note... the 4 kids on the left were amazing at building their towers: Abby, Eva, Max and Eli! Funny, since they were the 4 youngest at the party.
After the party, Riley wanted to go to Asian Buffet for dinner. He loves that place! He got so many great gifts from his friends, so after we got home, he spend the rest of the night playing with them.

Today (Sunday) was his actual birthday. Grandparents came over for more cake & ice cream. Thanks for the great presents!!
Riley told me tonight that his birthday was awesome! He is such a good boy, and I am so proud of the great brother and son that he is! Happy Birthday bud! I love you!!

3 comments:

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

So cute! Happy Birthday Riley! I love all of the party details...you guys are so creative!

Jadi said...

I agree, they do grow up so fast! I am glad he had a fun birthday. I LOVE the cute party!! So creative.

Turia said...

killer party. Glad he had fun.