Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Remodel

When we moved into our house 10 years ago (holy cow, that seems so long), we never really loved the floor plan. We planned on remodeling, and it Finally happened!! We started it about 2 months before I had Meili, and finished it the day before I came home from the hospital. Talk about cuttin' it close. Here are a few of the before pictures. I could never really decorate because I just didn't love it.
Don't you love our oak banisters?
And great oak kitchen cabinets?
What were people thinking in the 80's?
Decision time... taking the hammer to the wall!
Drum roll...... Our New house!!! We got new hard wood floors, a brand new modern white kitchen w/ white quartz counter tops, a HUGE island that I am totally in love with!, new lights, paint, fan, office, bathrooms, carpet in the master and baby's room, etc, etc. We went ALL OUT!!




It seriously feels like a completely different house. I didn't post a pic of the kitchen, or my favorite part... my bathroom! I will put those on soon. My awesome hubby did all of the work, with the help of our great neighbor and family that would come over whenever they had a minute. I felt awful because I was 9 months pregnant, and couldn't do a thing. So Thank you, thank you to everyone that helped out!! I am loving all of the changes, and loving Tyler even more for making me so happy!!! You are the best Ty!!

6 comments:

Jadi said...

I was so excited to see the title of this post! I have been dying to see the remodel pictures. I LOVE it all!! I can't wait to see the other pictures. Post them soon! :)

Kriss said...

It looks so different! Almost like a completely different house! I love the modern look of it, that is my favorite!!!!!!! Good job not getting granite counter tops, your's are much better!!!!

Christine said...

Wow, it looks amazing!! I love your kitchen!

Christine said...

And I love that you got quartz! Our counters are quartz and we wouldn't trade them.

Anonymous said...

JAAAANNNNAAAA.....beautiful!!!! All of it is gorgeous :) Please do post the other pics...I LOVE seeing pictures of other people's homes!!! And...you big nerd...you should have stopped and visited me when you were in Herriman....

Kim and Chet said...

WOW! I absolutely LOVE it!!! It is very modern. Wish we could do ours...I have so many things in mind that I would like to do. Ugh, maybe someday.