Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day

I love holidays! I think the main reason is because Tyler gets to be home from work. I also love the fact that we are usually with our families for the most part of the day. This Monday just happened to be my dad's birthday, as well as Memorial Day. My brothers and I went over to my parents house for a fun afternoon of swimming, eating, relaxing, and just enjoying.  
Here is some of the fam. Happy Birthday Dad! I love you!!!
I used to love going to visit cemetaries on Memorial Day. I always thought it was so fun. This time around was different. I spent a good part of the weekend crying, and missing my baby and sister. 
Tyler's parents are so awesome. After we lost our baby, Becky organized a service project called "Matthews' Quarters." All of the grandkids were encouraged to do extra jobs around the house to earn money. All of the money they earned went to help pay for Matthew's headstone. It was so sweet. They are all such cute kids, and worked hard for their money. Thanks Dallan and Becky for being so thoughtful!!

2 comments:

Kim and Chet said...

What an emotional post. I was thinking of you on Monday knowing how hard this holiday must be for you.

Looks like you had fun at your parents...I want a pool :)

And Happy Birthday to your dad, You have such an awesome family!

RaQuelle Willey said...

what a fun weekend, makes me miss you seeing all these cute pictures.