Thursday, May 21, 2009

and the destruction begins...

We have been planning a remodel on our home for at least a year. Last Saturday was the official beginning. We have this great tree that was planted too close to our house, and the top of it barely reached our rain gutter when we moved in 7 years ago. It is a fast grower, but TOO close to our foundation. The root system is uprooting our fence, and destroying our sprinklers. SO, our great Elders Quorem president, who just happens to be our good friend and neighbor organized a little tree/chainsaw party for us. They got the tree down pretty quickly, and managed to do so without taking out our neighbors tree and mailbox. I am sad because that tree provided so much shade in our backyard, and I really did love it! Oh well, I guess I can plant a new one.

When the tree was done, they guys were feeling manly, and decided to rip apart our back deck. Again, this was so needing to be done. We are going to lay a concrete patio soon, but it just wasn't on my Saturday "to do" list. It was so fun to watch them all at work. A little extra man power can go a long way! They got the whole deck out in about 35 minutes. Thanks guys! You are all the best! I am so excited that it is gone. Now I HAVE to get my patio layed soon. YEA!!



I will post some before and after pictures of the whole back yard. I can't wait!!

1 comment:

Kim and Chet said...

oh goodness! I have so much to do both inside and outside of my house and just wish we could get it all done! how exciting for you!