Monday, June 30, 2008

Pity party

I have a bunch of cute pictures that I want to post on my blog, but for some reason, I have not been able to. I guess I will save those for another day. Is anyone else having a problem with this? Probably not, which adds to my pity party. Remember the Schwarzenegger saying, "It's not a tumor"? Well, I always thought that was funny, until I actually got one. Long story short, I have a growth (or a tumor, if you want it to sound scary) on my pituitary gland in my brain. So yes, I have a brain tumor. It sounds worse than it really is. It is not cancerous, or malignant, just a nuisance. I have to take a medication that is supposed to help with the side effects, but it is giving me more trouble than anything. When I am asleep, it totally knocks me out- good thing Jacob is sleeping through the night. When I am awake, it makes me so dizzy and nauseous that I can't think strait sometimes. I need to see a neurologist to determine if this should be removed, or just tough it out for awhile longer. It is constantly on my mind (ha ha), and I am getting tired of it. If anyone has any suggestions on where to go to get brain surgery, let me know. 

2 comments:

Kriss said...

So sorry Jana. You always seem so upbeat about the whole thing-I admire that! I would be a mess if I had to deal with that-you are STRONG!

Laura Stringham said...

Jana, I cannot believe that you insist that this brain tumor isn't a big deal. Please call me to help. You are totally permitted to have a pity party.