Thursday, June 19, 2008

Our Life

Since I am new to this, I might as well start from the beginning. Tyler and I met right after he returned home from his mission in Taiwan. We hung out a little, and even went on a real date. I left for my mission to Guatemala about 4 months after he got back. While I was gone, we wrote a little, and he was there waiting at the airport when I came home. We hung out that night, and every night since. We were married December 28, 2000. Yea, it was really cold that day! We lived down town Salt Lake City for the first year, which was SO FUN!! We bought our house in Sandy, and have been here for almost 7 years, and have 3 pretty cool kids!!.

Tyler graduated from the U of U in Graphic Design, and pretty much runs his Advertising Agency. He loves playing with the kids, and they absolutely adore him, especially Jakey. I guess it figures that his first word was "Dada." Ty knows how to do just about anything, and if he doesn't know how, he figures it out, or fakes it. On top of doing everything for me at home, he is the Young Men's President in our ward. He keeps pretty busy, but loves everything he does.

I love being a stay at home mom. I am pretty much ready to hand the kids off to Tyler at the end of "my" day. Who knew that staying home would be so much work? If anyone has any advice on how to get everything done in one day, please let me know!! I graduated from the U as well, but I had no idea that I was going to be a Chef, a Counselor, a Doctor and a Nurse, a Coach, a School Teacher, a Cleaner, a Toy repairman, a Gardener, etc. etc. I guess that's life, and I LOVE IT!!

3 comments:

Turia said...

Jana, I'm so excited for you to start blogging! It's going to be fun to see all the great stuff you'll post!
Love ya

Anonymous said...

Hi Jana!!!
I do have a blog :) I LOVE how everyone is doing the blog thing. I have made mine private so I will send you an invite...it will come from woohoo (my blogger name) in your email...so don't delete it! It is SOOO the best way to keep up on what is happening with everyone. Oh...I love you how you say you had no idea you were going to be a chef, doctor, counselor etc....because that is SOOO true!
Be looking for my invite!
Love,
Amy

Nikkie said...

It's so nice to run into you in cyber space! I love getting to know people even better through their blogs. BTW, I "found" you through Laura's blog-do you mind if I add you to my blog?