Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My sweet Jakey

For those of you that have never heard of "Scripture Scouts", I suggest you find it, buy it, and listen to it with your kids. They are CD's about a group of friends that form a club called "Scripture scouts", where they tell the scripture stories, and sing songs about each story. It is SO CUTE!! Tyler grew up with them, and our kids now listen to them whenever they are in the car. I have found myself pausing the CD to explain the story a little further so they can catch all the words to the songs, etc. Jake has especially been attentive, and loves singing the songs.
Scripture Scouts Book of Mormon Scripture Scouts New Testament Scripture Scouts Old Testament Scripture Scouts Articles of Faith Scripture Scouts Family Proclamation Scripture Scouts Sing Along: My Family and Me www.scripturescouts.com

They have the Book of Mormon, New & Old Testament, Family Proclamation, etc. You can buy them at Deseret Book & Seagull, or online. I HIGHLY recommend getting them for you kids... even if they are a little older. My 9 yr old still loves them, and he learns the stories so well! They are SO WORTH your time and money for all of those long, and short car drives. My kids want to listen to it ALL THE TIME!

Anyway, so today we were on the way to the gym, and Jake was deep in thought as he was listening to Scripture scouts. I asked him if he was ok, and he said, "Mom, why did They have to kill Jesus?" I didn't think my 4 year old would ask such a deep question. We talked about it, and then went on our way. I know he is learning a lot about the scriptures, and I am so thankful that we have such a fun way to learn and apply the teachings in our family.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Great idea. I will check into them.