Friday, January 29, 2010

Fun weekend

Last weekend, Tyler and I went up to Midway, and stayed at the Zermatt Resort. Despite the ugly fog, and blizzard on Saturday, we had so much fun! The resort is Swiss-style, so it made me feel like were on vacation far away. We enjoyed good food, a day of skiing, massages, meeting new friends in the hot tub, and just being together.
Here is the resort on Saturday night- ya... it was a blizzard all day! But still so pretty!
We woke up Sunday morning, and we could actually see everything. I love when the sun comes out.
So this is about the coolest thing ever. These are "Ice Castles". Really! They have little sprinklers that constantly run on these structures, then w/ the snow and cold, it turns to ice, and gets bigger every day! They were seriously breathtaking.
We took a walk through the ice castles on Saturday night. There were so many castles, and one that you could even walk inside. I highly recommend a trip to Midway just to see them!
After a long day of skiing at the Canyons. The guy that took out picture was proud that he got the "Snow God" in the picture.
We fell in love w/ Midway, and especially Zermatt. We are definitely going to be going back soon! Thanks for a great get-a-way Ty!! Love you!!

4 comments:

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

FUN!!!! It looks beautiful there. I am glad you had such a great time.

Kim and Chet said...

I love Midway...such a nice place. And how cool are those ice-castles? I'm so glad you had fun and it looks like you had a great holiday too! Oh, by the way, I am loving that roller coaster! Where did you find that? I might have to keep that in mind for my little guy!

M&M Frost said...

Looks like so much fun! Sometimes it is so nice to just get away, even for just one night! Hope you had a great time!

Lloyd's Tribune said...

FUN FUN FUN!!!!!! GLAD YOU HAD SOME SPECIAL TIME WITH EACH OTHER!=0)