Friday, April 27, 2012

Key West


 Tyler and I just got back from an awesome trip to Key West! It was such a perfect getaway, and I LOVED having some time with my hubby!! My parent watched the kids, and took such great care of them. Thanks Mom & Dad!

There was a big storm right before we got there on Saturday, so it was a little rainy and breezy. It got nicer each day though. We loved being on the island! I think palm trees are my favorite things. I just might have to move somewhere warm one day. Palm trees just don't do well in Salt Lake.
 
 My sexy man on the beach. We ate yummy island drinks all day on Tuesday when we were at the beach.


 The sand was SO soft! I could have spent the whole time there. Our hotel was the yellow one behind us. We were so close to the beach. We loved everything about our hotel! It was super nice! We went out on a snorkeling/ dolphin watching excursion. It was so fun!! We weren't able to get in the water with the dolphins, but it was cool being able to see them up close in the open waters.





 We at SO MUCH GOOD FOOD!!!! Seriously. We were literally sick every night because we were eating so much. We had sushi (pictured above), shrimp, lobster tail, crab, seared tuna, grouper, etc. Everything was so fresh and delicious!! Did you know that Key West is know for their Key Lime Pie? Ya. We didn't either, but I guess it makes sense. We tried so many different key lime pies, and this one was by far the winner... it was at the Blue Heaven restaurant. It is know for their breakfasts, and pie. Ohhhhh... so good! This pic below is Tyler there at Blue Heaven. Everything is outdoors, and so laid back. Time doesn't really exist, and everyone is kind of on their own schedule. It was great.




 We got a trolley pass to go around the island. There was a ton of really cool history there, and it was a fun way to see everything.

This is our hotel as we were taking off. We could have used a few more days there. It was such a fun island, and one we will most definitely go back to!! Thanks for the great trip Ty! Love you!!







1 comment:

Jadi said...

I am so jealous!! It doesn't sound like it could have been any better. I am glad you were able to get away. :)