Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Riley- 8 years old!!


Riley's birthday was last Saturday, so we gave him the Mario party that he has been dreaming about for months. Ok, so I'm sure it didn't quite meet his expectations, but we ended up having 16 kids over, so we had to improvise a little. They played some fun games, including Mario Kart (using our roller coaster), Bowser Bash (dodgeball on the tramp), a fun obstacle course, and a few other things.

Jake was so excited for the party, so he could dress up like Yoshi. He is the little green dragon in Mario (at least I think he is a dragon- maybe a dinosaur). Just so happens that we have a costume to kind-of fit the Yoshi description. Jake came up with the idea all on his own. The kids were in heaven as Yoshi chased them around the yard. He even did the Obstacle course. It was too funny!!


Now this is what made me cry... Riley getting his first scout uniform. He was SO excited! He looks so cute in it!
My b-day is right after Riley's, so Tyler was sweet and through me a surprise party for my birthday with a few of our friends. I thought that was a great idea, since I TOTALLY forgot to give Riley candles on his b-day cupcake, AND I forgot to SING TO HIM! Bad mom!! SO, we made the little get-together a Riley and me party.
It was fun having our neighbors over! Our birthdays were both fun- crazy, busy, but fun! Happy Birthday Riley! I can't believe you are 8 years old! Where has the time gone? I love you so much, and I am so proud of the great son you are! You will always be my bud!!

3 comments:

The Sohm's said...

That was a busy party!! Looks like fun, I love Jake's costume.

Sandy and Spence said...

Looks like so much fun!

stevenjared0853 said...

Hey! It’s a wonderful place. I feel kids do need a space like this for fun activities and games. I will also make sure that I book one of the outdoor Los Angeles event venues for my son’s birthday. This party looks like a lot of fun, I really liked the idea of having a trampoline at the party.