Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall leaves

We decided to go on a Sunday drive this afternoon, and the mountains were so pretty! We had fun going on hikes, watching deer right by us, Abby freaking out and almost breaking her other arm because she was terrified of a little dog, Jacob finding every stick possible to be a part of his weapons collection, etc. Here are a few pics.



We saw a ton of granite, and this one in particular was awesome that the kids are sitting on. You can see clearly the lines from being cut, quite possibly by the pioneers that built the Salt Lake Temple. We had a nice teaching moment w/ the kids, and they all wanted to keep a little piece of granite from the mountain.
I love living close to the mountains!

4 comments:

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Jakey cracks me up! I wished we lived a little closer to the mountains. See ya on Friday!

RaQuelle Willey said...

what a good looking family! love the view too

Allison and Nathan said...

We saw you coming out of the canyon as we were going in! And I hear ya on the stick collecting - that's Henry's favorite thing to do on a hike!

Becky said...

LOVED these pictures! I need a new family picture of you guys since the one I have is very outdated. It wasn't fun to come home from Hawaii today but I loved seeing the updates on the blog. Hawaii is wonderful but family ......aaahh PRICELESS! LOVE YOU!