Sunday, August 2, 2009

My awesome hubby


I usually save my "tributes" until special days: birthdays, anniversary's, graduations, etc. Today isn't really a special day, but just one of those bitter-sweet ones. Tyler has served as the Young Men's president in our ward for over 3 years, and was released today. He served in the YM's for the last 8 yrs. in one calling or another, and has watched these young men grow up- literally. I know I am biased, but I think he did such a great job. Hearing the testimonies of a couple of his young men today in church proved that he has made such a difference in their lives. He has done so many fun things w/ those boys: Camping, boating, biking, teaching his Priests how to ask a girl out (without texting them), and actually dating. We have hosted MANY date nights at our house where the boys came over earlier to make food, decorate, etc... then go home and get their dates. We have had movie parties outside where the boys have come over in the middle of the day to claim their Love Sac's, and carry them outside to the backyard for me. He invited the boys over to study Preach My Gospel before school once a week, followed by their traditional cereal buffet. Sunrise hikes, coming over to tell us where they got their mission calls, rallying around us when we lost our little baby... The Young Men in our ward have truly been a blessing to our family, and especially Tyler. I asked him earlier if he said "good-bye" to them today in Priests quorum. He told me that it isn't goodbye. They will always be a part of his life, and will always be some of his closest friends. I love you Ty, and I am so grateful to have you in my life! 
You're the best!!

3 comments:

Jadi said...

What a nice post! Tyler sounds like a great guy. I am sure the YM will miss him a lot. I really love the girls I teach in YW's and would be heart broken if I was released. The Bear Lake trip looked so fun! I wish we would have stayed in Utah longer because I think our kids would have gotten along great together!

Lloyd's Tribune said...

aw...that is so sweet and heartfelt!

love you! He' sso lucky to ahve such a wonderful supporting wifie!

Allison and Nathan said...

Ok - no pressure Nathan! I hope the boys learn to love Nathan as much as Tyler!
A.