Sunday, August 9, 2009

early morning

I took the kids to the Sandy City Balloon Festival on Friday morning. I was a little reluctant to wake my sleeping kids at 6:30 a.m., but I knew I would get the 3rd degree later if I hadn't done it.  It went from 6:30 to 8:00 a.m. Luckily, it was just at the park down the street from our house, so I didn't feel like it was such a big ordeal. As you can see the fall-like attire, this was a CHILLY morning. It was really fun to see all of the balloons flying around. They kept going up and down, and there were so many of them.

They thought it was so fun to see the baskets up-close. Riley really wanted to get in, but apparently they were not allowed to let anyone in any of the baskets. I think I caught Abby mid-yawn. 
This was Abby's favorite balloon. She loved the rainbow. 
Riley and a bunch of other kids ran to "help" the man hold the balloon while it was deflating. (He is in the grey jacket closest to the ballon) 
And their favorite part of the morning? Playing on the playground. I have to say that I was thankful for this part. It got their energy out, and prolonged the adventure just a little while longer. 


1 comment:

Allison and Nathan said...

Darn it - I knew that this event was coming and was planning on taking the kids. Looks like I forgot. Glad you had fun!