Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Kids say the cutest things

I don't think I have ever laughed so hard with my kids, as I did the other day. We were talking about the Draper Temple dedication this Sunday, and that the Prophet is usually the one to dedicate it. I wanted to ask the kids an obvious question, which was, Who is the prophet? Riley thought he was so smart, and shouted out, "Gordon B. Hinckley". Abby quickly said, "No, duh, it's Thomas S. Obama."

She realized what she said, and couldn't stop laughing at herself. She had me and Riley rolling for at least 5 minutes.

6 comments:

Jadi said...

That is really funny! I love it when my kids say cute things like that. Thanks for the nice compliment on my blog. I would love to see pictures if you end up hosting a Fancy Nancy party. I have created a homemaking blog to keep track of all of my ideas. There is a link to it on the side of my family blog if you ever want to take a look at it. The zoo trip looked fun.

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

So funny! In Primary on Sunday we were talking about families, Jackson was in front of the Sr. Primary talking about his family and this is what he said..."I have a dad, a mom, a little brother, another little brother and a baby sister, and we are righteous!" Oh, did I mention that the stake primary presidency was there too for ward conference. He was so matter of fact about it too.

Kim and Chet said...

Oh that is so funny! I love the things that they say...priceless!

Thayne Sohm said...

that is the funniest thing ever. I shared it with everyone in the office.

M&M Frost said...

That is too cute! I am laughing! Can't wait to tell Mike- hey when are we going to the Zoo? Would love to go with you guys!

Lloyd's Tribune said...

That is hilarious! Thanks! I just read the story aloud to Shad and Luke. We all had a good laugh. Then, Shad asks Luke , " who is our prophet, Luke?" He said. " Thomas Jefferson?" Kids , do say the darndest things!