Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 3rd of July!!

Last year, Tyler and I decided to have a little 3rd of July party for our kids, so they could be up-close to all the fun. We invited a few friends, and it was so fun, that we decided to make it a tradition. So, this being the 2nd annual Sohm firework party, it was open-invitation. We had a bunch of neighbors come over, and it was yet again a success! 

Lucky for Tyler, two of our neighbor boys were just as into lighting the fireworks as he was. Half-way through, they totally took over so Tyler could go enjoy the party and good food. Thanks Tate and Jaron! You're definately invited next year!
Here is a shot of about half the people. The kids had a ball. I think the glow sticks were a hit again. Note to self: buy more glow sticks next year!!
Cherolyn, Patty, and a few of the girls

The Coles, Sheri Moore, and Kris Ricord (yes Kris, I got you trying to hide behind Mylinda)

My favorite people at the party:  Mom and Dad, Abby and Jake. Thanks for hanging out w/ us! You're the best!

Thanks everyone for coming over! Hey, if anyone wants to drive up to Evanston and get some BIG fireworks for next year... I'll support ya! 



3 comments:

Laura Stringham said...

ya, I'm sorry we missed this. It was so fun last year.

Kim and Chet said...

What a cute and fun tradition. You have such a cute family Jana! I hope you are doing well. I think about you all the time. :)

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

You weren't kidding about the turn out! FUN!