Monday, October 24, 2011

Worst mom EVER!!

I am sitting here, almost crying thinking about this. You know how every kid looks forward to Halloween? Plans the perfect costume, thinks about the parade and fun party at school, and dreams of trick-or-treating? Well, I realized just a minute ago that today was Jake's halloween party day at preschool..... and he didn't go. I am just sick. We even went to the store today to get his final touches for his costume (right when he should have been at school).

He goes to Alta High's preschool program, and their days change w/ the school kids' "A" and "B" days. So, I need to check every week to see when he has school. Well, this week was switched even more w/ the end of quarter at the high school. So..... of all days, I didn't check my schedule, and I didn't send my cute little 4 yr. old to to sport his Ninja Master costume that he has been DYING to show off to his teacher.

I am dreading telling Jake in the morning that he missed his big day.
Ya... I know... I am a bad mom.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Yeah, no bueno. Good luck with that one :(

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Oh, I am so sorry! You aren't the worst mom! We all drop the ball once and while.